• Naming the EAST LIONS COMMUNITY CENTRE!

    In 1951 the newly chartered East London Lions Club purchased a block of land which they cleared for a baseball diamond and park.

    In 1953 they built the first pool on the site and in the 1960s they would add a poolhouse and auditorium on the site, before ultimately gifting this land and the amenities to the City of London.

    It is East Lions Park, and it was the community’s choice to follow that tradition and name our new facility the East Lions Community Centre!

    Councillor Shawn Lewis shares the history of the space with council and gets a brief update on construction from staff at City Council.

     

Comments are closed.